Here's A Refinish Job I did. Fender Custom Shop Strat

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Here's A Refinish Job I did. Fender Custom Shop Strat

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:25 am

Hey Guys,

I was going through my pics on my camera and found theses. I wish I had more, but I was working on this guitar when my camera broke and I had to get repaired. :x
this guitar had a faded cherry sunburst on it, but the original finished crack up and I had to redo it.
It was a very nice piece of swamp ash.
to keep the finish as thin as possible, I put no filler on it, and put only 2 thin coats of sealer on, followed by a light sanding and a quick clean up. then I sprayed the edges using ReRanch's three color edge, free hand. I don't like using cardboard to make my sunbursts, I consider it cheating heh. :lol:
Once I had the out side edge the way I liked it, I did a light sanding in the middle to make sure I didn't get any the orange color in the center. I then cleaned up the sanding dust with a quick wipe down of mineral spirits, and then sprayed the whole guitar with ReRanch's burst amber. once I was happy with the color tone, I began clear coating the guitar. these pics were from about half way done with the clear coating process.
I'm kicking myself for not getting pics of the guitar completed, cuz the flame in the maple neck was insane!!!
when I finished this guitar, I plugged it up and played it a little before I sent it off with the customer. It was the sweetest sounding fender I ever heard. I miss that guitar.
cheers,
Aaron

Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”