MOSRITE /HALLMARK/GRUGGETT MURAL IN BAKERSFIELD

kgruggett

MOSRITE /HALLMARK/GRUGGETT MURAL IN BAKERSFIELD

Postby kgruggett » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi
I thought I had posted this in the Gruggett guitar thread on this website, but don't find it. This was art commission by City of Bakersfield honoring the town's guitar history. It specifically honors Gruggett, Hallmark and Mosrite . It is on the side wall of historic Front Porch Music. This is a You tube video of the 3 panel huge mural being installed and interview with the artist. Such an incredible tribute, it makes me want to cry tears of job! Definately worth the quick watch and seeing it in person!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bWcFPt9NU

Kathy

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Re: MOSRITE /HALLMARK/GRUGGETT MURAL IN BAKERSFIELD

Postby Bob Shade » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:51 am

Yes, this cost the city of Bakersfield a good amount of money.

It is so refreshing to see a community that values the importance of the local artisans that spawned from the area to create their masterpieces that we all dig and celebrates it in a mural for everyone to enjoy.

I hope to get to see it in person before too long. Artie is lucky, he gets to see it every day.

Hats off to all involved!!

Bob

LHyde

Re: MOSRITE /HALLMARK/GRUGGETT MURAL IN BAKERSFIELD

Postby LHyde » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

Hello to all. I have not been on the forum in a while and I just found this by chance. It makes me feel very good to see that my old home town still can remember some of the good things from it's past. Perhaps some of the old guitar spirit still dwells there. I was fortunate to have been in the middle of the guitar making revival of the 1960's. I felt privileged to have been a part of it then and to have known some of the great builders and learned from the best of them,Bill Gruggett. I am also happy to see it going on Artie's store. I hope that it can remind others of a great period in Bakersfield's history when so much talent,craftsmanship,skill and devotion was dedicated to the art of guitar making and the resulting wonderful music that derived from the instruments of the legendary, old school, guitar makers, of Bakersfield. A lot of good memories for me from that time. Best Regards to all. Lonnie Hyde.
Lonnie Hyde

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”