kgruggett

Re: Bill Gruggett Guitars

Postby kgruggett » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:51 pm

[imgImage
][/img]

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Fri May 10, 2013 10:34 pm

This is for John P member of forum who posted 2 photos of himself playing his Gruggett a few pages back on this thread. JOHN!! i recognized your guitar in this photo in my dad's shop, the back of the photograph says October 1981, so your guitar was made prior to that date, at least we know that! This is for you
kathy
[imgImage[/img]

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 pm

This is for Elisha. This guitar is from 1962. This , i believe, is what your vintage Gruggett you posted a few pages back on this thread, looked like originally. when you found it on ebay it had been painted all black, and the tuners and tail piece were changed out according to the comparison here. Thought you might like to see this.
kathy

elisha wiesner

Postby elisha wiesner » Sat May 11, 2013 8:05 am

kgruggett wrote:This is for Elisha. This guitar is from 1962. This , i believe, is what your vintage Gruggett you posted a few pages back on this thread, looked like originally. when you found it on ebay it had been painted all black, and the tuners and tail piece were changed out according to the comparison here. Thought you might like to see this.
kathy

That's it! Thanks for sharing Kathy. I wish it had never been re-finished as it looks so good all original but it's still a super cool guitar.

-Elisha

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sat May 11, 2013 9:31 am

elisha wiesner wrote:That's it! Thanks for sharing Kathy. I wish it had never been re-finished as it looks so good all original but it's still a super cool guitar.

-Elisha

Since it's already been refinished why not refinish it back to it's original color and put the original style ivory tipped tuners back on it? But before a strip and refinish, many times restorers have found by sanding off the top 'refinish' the original color is underneath and can be salvaged.
Danny Ellison

JohnP

Postby JohnP » Sat May 11, 2013 9:44 am

kgruggett wrote:This is for John P member of forum who posted 2 photos of himself playing his Gruggett a few pages back on this thread. JOHN!! i recognized your guitar in this photo in my dad's shop, the back of the photograph says October 1981, so your guitar was made prior to that date, at least we know that! This is for you
kathy
[imgImage[/img]

Kathy, thank you so much for posting this! I love my Gruggett guitar and this photo of it sitting in your Dad's store is so cool to see! It's very cool to know the approximate date that he built it too!

Thanks again!

John Pagnanelli

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Tue May 14, 2013 7:13 pm

This is one of my favorites, the simplicity and the beauty of the wood is stunning. What kind of wood did he use here?

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Birdseye maple?

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sat May 18, 2013 3:40 pm

Here's a couple of Gruggette guitar photo's I grabbed off Artie's FaceBook page.

A doubleneck brass Rail.

Tommy Hays guitar.

Danny Ellison

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sat May 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks dubtrub
I believe that Adam is new owner of the doubleneck. Does the 2nd one belong to the person who's name you posted with the photo?

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”