Bill Gruggett Guitars

kgruggett

Re: Bill Gruggett Guitars

Postby kgruggett » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 am

Deke--thanks so much! I am still smiling ear to ear and I even plugged in my Gruggett tear drop and played it some when I got back to the Bay ARea, haha. I can't wait for the 2013 DVD of the show to come out so I can buy multiples to send to the rest of the family. We bought your 2012 DVD and really love it!! The musicians were incredible and my husband and I loved your music and your personal style. I saw you play in Fremont in May and would love to come see your show. I sent some photos I took to some of the men and will call Artie today and thank him for loaning his guitar--and for the Mosrite/Hallmark/Gruggett mural just unveiled on the side of Front Porch music.
Kathy

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:09 am

http://www.vintageguitar.com/13268/bass ... kersfield/

New post in Vintage Guitar magazine about Basses from Bakersfield and a video of WIPE OUT being played at the Deke Dickerson festival with 14 Gruggett guitars and Deke playing solo on Bass. Go Deke!
Kathy

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi
This is a 60's photo, I've been told this is the only photo of Bill Gruggett playing a Mosrite- he played bass in this band during his start up days with Mosrite guitars and around the time I was born. He played for about 7 years at night and worked at the factory and then on his own during the days. Love the mop hair! Great old photo!
Kathy

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:20 pm

Gruggett custom brass rail with custom wood pickups---made for a very long time dear friend of Bill Gruggett's and collector of his guitars

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:41 pm

[imgImage
][/img]
GORGEOUS GRUGGETT CUSTOM BASS. Not sure who this now belongs too, if anyone knows please let me know!

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:38 am

Chuck??

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:59 am

thanks Bob-and Adam.
GUYS AND GALS-PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE!!
I need to start a list much like the Mosrite list of Gruggett guitars that are out there, because you all know they will last forever.

It has taken some months but I have now gone through stacks and stacks of photos of Gruggett guitars and seperated the styles so they are grouped together. I have acoustics, hollow bodies, celebrities, venture style, basses, double necks, stradettes, telecasters, broadcasters, double cut aways, and stratocasters a few Gibson style and Les Paul style flying 'V', you name it-its out there with a Gruggett label on it, and many out there with Mosrite or other names but with a custom Gruggett neck. My albums are very cool!! Ive learned alot in the process thanks to my brother Don giving me insight about the differences of how some are made (he has 5 Gruggett's himself and one Mosrite redone by dad-I have one teardrop myself)

My dad kept no list of his work!! Artist yes-business man, no! I would like to put a list together of who owns what style, date and color if possible. If you do not already have a photo of my dad holding your guitar I can see if I have one in the album and I can duplicate it and send it to you. I do not plan to publish the list I just think one needs to be in existance. If you would be willing to do this please send me info here or by private message on this forum with your name, style of your guitar, color, year and if he put his serial number on it which would be a date stamped somewhere around the 22nd fret and photo if you choose, otherwise I will go by descrption I would be forever grateful and will send you copies of any photos I might have of your guitar from when it was first made
thanks in advance Kathy

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:53 pm

thanks to those of you who have responded to help me with my list . I am forever grateful. :P

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Some Gruggett beauties for you to study or enjoy!
---a unique Vinn brass rail custom (2 shots)
---a custom Tele
---a custom flying V
-- a custom brass rail

Kathy
[img][IMG]http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj622/ksulon/Bizzarvinngrbrassrail_zps0fa1d751.jpg[/img]
[/img][imgImage][/img]
[imgImage
[imgImage[imgImage
][/img]
][/img]][/img]

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:56 pm

GREAT VIDEO FROM 2009 TRIBUTE - NEWSCAST ON BAKERSFIELD TV-worth watching and some of you are in the video--Artie--Phil - Deke

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/46577972.html

thanks
Kathy

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”