Bill Gruggett Guitars

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Re: Bill Gruggett Guitars

Postby GattonFan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:11 am

Great shots of some fine guitars by one of the greats! That white one looks as though it could be the inspiration for the current Minarik guitars. I love it! And the last pic makes me jealous of Bob ... ;)
Denniis
So many guitars; So little time ..

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:54 am

Great shots Kathy! Thank you for sharing them with us.
Scott

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 am

Man what a gig that was! I am just shaking the jet lag off now.

I have to thank Deke for all of his dedication and hard work in making this one of a kind gig happen. I was proud to be part of this event and will never forget the Bill Gruggett set as Bill was as a friend and mentor to me and Hallmark guitars.

Kathy you are the coolest and I am super happy you were able to come to this show, I know it was a long drive for you and your husband.

Mel, it was nice running into you too! I am glad you had the opportunity to come by this year!

Once again thanks to Deke Dickerson for a one of a kind event and all of the hard work he did to make this event happen.

Gruggett guitars forever!

Bob Shade

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks Bob!
Darn, I didnt know Mel was there, I would have liked to meet him to thank him for starting this thread and sending me the picture of him and Dad with his Gruggett guitar. Maybe next time! Bob let me know whenever you are in the Bay Area with shows and I will come visit and you are welcome to stay with us when you are in SF area, or if you ever need a Gruggett rep at one of your shows, I can stand there and smile - or something, haha! I will follow Deke's travels and see him this year when he plays in our area. My husband and I enjoyed his personal style and his talent.
Kathy

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Actually Kathy, Mel may have only been there Friday. I don't think I saw him on Sat.

Thank you for your kind offers,

I would welcome the opportunity for you to represent Hallmark anytime.

I don't make it to the bay area these days, but I will keep it in my thoughts and many thanks.

Bob

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Video of Eugene Moles and All Gruggett guitar band playing at the Deke Dickerson festival!
Enjoy! Kathy

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:44 pm

Kathy, so sorry I missed the chance to meet you at the GGF. Same for you Lonnie. It was wonderful to see so many of your dad's guitars on display. Kudos to you Bob for your part in making that happen, and keeping Bill's legacy alive with the Stradettes.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

loud3tone

Postby loud3tone » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Kathy, thanks for the great photos & the Eugene Moles/Gruggett All-Stars video--the next best thing to being there! Eugene makes it look so easy, and his guitar sings "Perfidia" like a chanteuse in a smoky lounge. The range of Bill's lifelong imagination and creativity is wondrous to behold.

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm really pleased with how the Bill Gruggett tribute went at the Guitar Geek Festival. Thanks again to everybody that was involved--Lonnie Hyde, Eugene Moles, R.J. Ronquillo, Joel Paterson, Bob Shade, Chuck Long, Brian Lonbeck, Garrett Immel, several others--it was a sight to see and a treat to hear!

Also, thanks to Artie at Front Porch, Marc Lipco, Chuck Long and John Heidrick for loaning Gruggett guitars for the display. It was mindblowing.

Kathy, I hope that you're still smiling from ear to ear the way you were that night. It was a really great time.

Deke

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:00 am

Sweet! Wish I coulda been there with my Stradette. :cry:

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”