Bill Gruggett Guitars

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Bill Gruggett Guitars

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 am

As many of us know, Bill Gruggett was intimately involved with Mosrite and Hallmark and also built many guitars under his own "Gruggett" label. This is a repository of images of guitars he built or was involved with building, in honor of his 75th birthday. Happy Birthday Bill!

These are from a party thrown in Bill's honor in 2009:

Plus here he is with my MeshuggaMark in progress, also in 2009:
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

kgruggett

Re: Bill Gruggett Guitars

Postby kgruggett » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:51 pm

This will make him so happy ! :D

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:49 pm

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:19 pm

Adam, right?
Thanks Adam ! This would be a photo difficult for me to find I thank you for sharing it. I am facebook friends with Eugene Moles and the Gene Moles tribute page. Eugene wrote me a great note to read by Dad for his birthday that was quite touching about Bill and Gene and I read it to him today, so your picture of the two of them is incredible timing. I saw you posted on my dads facebook today (I friended you by the way) and he is emailing me some photos of your collection. I read him all the posts on here from the last few days and Bob Shade and some Bakersfield guitar friends called and wished him happy birthday. There is so much on this site, I'm in Gruggett guitar heaven!!
Kathy

elisha wiesner

Postby elisha wiesner » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 am

Hi Kathy,

Here's one that I just got last week. It's one of the first guitars that your dad built. I would love to find out a little more info about it. It was long ago re-finished in black from it's original red but it still plays and sounds great!

kgruggett

Re: new member

Postby kgruggett » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Elisha
thanks for the post. Definately that is one of his very early guitars. It looks like the kind he made for my mother in the early 60s but her's is the original red. They have started this link
http://www.mosriteforum.com/forum/viewt ... =16&t=5405
on the forum to post Gruggett guitars. I believe there is a red one on this link if you would like to see it If you repost your photo on there some of the Gruggett experts and collectors such as Bob Shade or Adam or others, may be able to tell you more. Although I love his work, I'm not as qualified as others on giving info. My dad does come on this site when his health allows. I know my dad did everything the hard way back then being short on tools and materials and the quality is just as good today as it was then. My mother always said she loved hers because it was very light and made to her hand size . Thanks for sharing!
Kathy

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 am

That was a good snag off the old eBay, Elisha! Bridge and tailpiece have been replaced as well, but glad it ended up in the family so to speak. You should post a pic of your other one too, hint hint.

elisha wiesner

Postby elisha wiesner » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:22 am

Hey Adam,

The tuners have been replaced as well. Luckily the electronics have not been touched. It sounds awesome!

I'm heading out right now but will post these pics and take some of the other one and post them in the other thread later this afternoon.

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi
I thought that was the one I saw on ebay-$2000- good deal! If someone can clue me in onto how to attach a photo I will add some photos of some Gruggetts you may not have seen from lots of emails I've received. I see the IMG(image button) above but Im not figuring out how to attach a photo into the body of the message-sorry, my dad created artists-not computer wizards!
Kathy

kgruggett

Postby kgruggett » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Oh--I have learned 'photobucket' so I can post photos--here are a few from private collections. Beauties!
[imgImage]
Image[/img]

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”