old aria

ludobag
Top Producer

old aria

Postby ludobag » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 am

some month ago i find for cheap this 2 guitars ;)
and this week end there is bad weather for varnish then i do the work needed on the white
the sunburst was in a good shape only need a nut and a new jack
but on the white need more work to made it playable (and in fact that is the one i prefer :lol: )
nut for lefty :|
fret were worn
lefty for sure there is a hole for the strap
quarter sawn neck for the 2
wiring
some relics :shock:
and the tuners need some cleaning and oiling
then this week end
desassembly and beguin to work on
first polish the body
the neck need a refret for sure but before i try something that Mel tell me * (lot of dings on maybe i will try to cyanolate it ?)

the frets :|
rest only 0.8 mm of fret :cry:

reassembly
pics 8-)
*speed frets :D more or less 0.4 or 0.5 mm
need to finish the nut

but i have try (the nut is just for open string in fact and it doesn't change the feel even if it is not finish)
and i love speed fret (i have resetup all my guitar more low ,now :lol: )
thanks Mel for the idea :)
it avoid me a refret and more over i have discover something that i didn't know at this time
it is not very good guitar but i love the sound of ,beetween a jaguar and a jazzmaster but more thin

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Re: old aria

Postby olrocknroller » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 am

Nice post! Good luck with the rebuilds. Your shot of the white guitar with the view from your window in the background is awesome photography! :mrgreen:
Olrocknroller

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 am

Looking good! And congratulations on the successful speed fretting - welcome to the "club". :)
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

raygun85
Top Producer

Postby raygun85 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm

I've always liked those guitars. Speaking purely of their aesthetics, they've always reminded me of a Strat, Mustang and Jazzmaster rolled into one.

What's the tone like on those? How does the resistance measure on the pickups?
How dare you presume to inject, using reproducible facts and rational thought, an on-topic discussion into a thread that had degenerated from sarcasm, personal invective, and hand-waving arguments?

ludobag
Top Producer

Postby ludobag » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 pm

thank guys
just finish my nut this evening and i suck it :oops: :evil: (in fact there is only 34 mm beetween the 2 E and i have think 36mm :roll: result the string spacing is really offset :roll: ,but it didn't avoid to play it :lol: :roll: )i must buy real file nuts and learn to count also :mrgreen: and made a new nut
for the resistance of pups don't know ? must mesure them when i desassemble it one day ;) when i try it work then i don't take the multimeter
for the sound you take a jazzmaster and jaguar you sake but more thinner (i will try to play a little and post a vid )
the switch is a thin switch like jag ;) a capacitor is inserted in the wiring ,good sound for surf i think for the white ,the sunburst is more stratish (i love less )
for me too the shape of the body is fabulous :) great inspiration of fender with some ispiration maybe also on yamaha sg 3 indded cool shape ;)
need to try it at good level of volume too but in appartement it became dangerous :ugeek:

MOSDAN
Top Producer

Postby MOSDAN » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:53 pm

These should be great when you get them done. The Aria guitars have definitely made a mark in guitar history. Good luck with the rebuilds and thanks for posting photos.

ludobag
Top Producer

Postby ludobag » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:35 am

little vid for sound sorry for the crappy playing and for the sound of cam i didn't arrived to set up it :oops:
i really love the way it sound in fact ;)

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:20 pm

Sound and playing are AOK by me! Congrats on getting the guitar up and running.
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

ludobag
Top Producer

Postby ludobag » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 am

thanks Mel ;)

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:09 am

ludobag;
Great job on the axe. If your playing is crappy, they don't even have a work low enough to describe my playing.
Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”