Mosrite Inspired Yamahas

sonichris

Re: Mosrite Inspired Yamahas

Postby sonichris » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 am

zarfnober wrote:Only Link Wray is cool enough for an SG-2. Contact me if you ever want to seel yours. NICE guitar.

Rocco

I think Link played an SG-3 - it's the three pickup version - so I'm safe for now. :P

IguanaKahuna

Postby IguanaKahuna » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:16 am

Guys, dont you have for sell tuners from Univox basses or Epiphone like the ones you can see at my Yamaha SB-1c? You could see that my bass lost one of the tuners.

Thanks

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:28 am

IguanaKahuna wrote:Guys, dont you have for sell tuners from Univox basses or Epiphone like the ones you can see at my Yamaha SB-1c? You could see that my bass lost one of the tuners.

Thanks

These might work for you. http://cgi.ebay.com/Gotoh-bass-tuners-t ... 20af90b4f6

Or, if you want one or an enire set, check out StewMac. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Bass ... r_Set.html
Danny Ellison

IguanaKahuna

Postby IguanaKahuna » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:32 am

dubtrub wrote:
IguanaKahuna wrote:Guys, dont you have for sell tuners from Univox basses or Epiphone like the ones you can see at my Yamaha SB-1c? You could see that my bass lost one of the tuners.

Thanks

These might work for you. http://cgi.ebay.com/Gotoh-bass-tuners-t ... 20af90b4f6

Or, if you want one or an enire set, check out StewMac. http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Bass ... r_Set.html

Sorry for the OT :?

Thanks Danny, but the idea is to keep the bass original. I know those tuners come on Univox basses too thats why I asked here.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:47 am

those tuners I have only seen on 70's univoxs. never seen them anywhere else. I had them on the hi-flier bass I just sold. the only thing I can think of is check regularly for used parts on ebay
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:48 am

hahaha, that SGV-800 bass looks like a fishing boat paddle, lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers,
Aaron

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

IguanaKahuna

Postby IguanaKahuna » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 pm

oipunkguy wrote:those tuners I have only seen on 70's univoxs. never seen them anywhere else. I had them on the hi-flier bass I just sold. the only thing I can think of is check regularly for used parts on ebay

Thanks

You can find those tuners on early Epiphone basses too. Looks like it was a commond part in Japan in the late 60s early 70s

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:10 pm

woah, cool. i guess I should never say never huh? Sweet bass by the way. 8-)
Cheers,
Aaron

— Mark Twain

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”