Xaviere Guitars (Good for the money, So I hear)

101Volts
Master Contributor

Xaviere Guitars (Good for the money, So I hear)

Postby 101Volts » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:58 am

While browsing The Gear Page I came across a post about a Xaviere guitar and I thought perhaps some folks here at the Mosrite forum haven't heard of Xaviere Guitars. They're supposed to be pretty good for the prices they're asking (For example, $300 for a 335 style guitar) And the Harmony Central reviews seem to favor them. Here's a few links.

Xaviere Guitars Site

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xaviereguitars.html

Reviews at Harmony Central

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... re+Guitars

The Gear Page Post

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=546530

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: Xaviere Guitars (Good for the money, So I hear)

Postby Veenture » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:44 pm

hmmm.....clones, clones and more clones even though they may be great. For just one single company making all those clones of every big guitar name out there makes me kinda shy away; I do not even see a single guitar of their own "composition"? :?
Some folks just like to walk through a revolving door on somebody else's push it seems...just my opinion :roll:

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:20 pm

You have to remember that most of the people doing reviews for HC wouldn't know a good guitar from a bad. Most want a CHEAP copy of the guitars they really want. The ones I've played are OK for the money but they aren't what you'ld keep forever as a treasure. Ok,Ok I'm being to polite they are JUNK and they're CHEAP.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Zak summarized HC pretty well.

zak wrote:I wouldn't trust Harmony Central reviews any more than I would trust Ed Rom*n. :lol:

I've seen too many "I've had this guitar for 2 days but it seems like it is built to last forever" reviews written by teenagers and bedroom players.
Danny Ellison

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Good point, Most people don't know how to evaluate a guitar. I can't say I'd be a fan of a Graphite nut, The one I tried just stole tone from my Tele. If I ever buy a Xaviere I'll let you know how it is.

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

eltuce
Top Producer

Postby eltuce » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:22 pm

I dunno, depends on the guitar, how many reviews, etc. You can usually tell if someone knows what they are talking about. Also if there are a ton of reviews HC can be helpful. When you see something like, "Gitar grt, like vryu mich, pikup sond hit" it's a no brainer as far as what that review is worth. It's probably a little more reliable than Amazon reviews. I find I can usually spot a garbage review on there pretty easily. I don't know about Guitar Fetish guitars but I have purchased their pickups a couple of times and I can at least vouch for those, very good for the price.

goldentrem

Postby goldentrem » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Many of these reviews end up saying something like, " I'm gonna put a Fender neck on it, some new pick ups in, change the electrics and maybe a new trem unit" !!! Seems like a lot of work for a cheap guitar.

eltuce
Top Producer

Postby eltuce » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 pm

HAHA, true! I think for the most part I have read different reviews than most of you who have responded to this thread. The only ones that I really read were for Guild Starfires which is a slightly pointless if you know anything, Lowel guitars, Gretsch Beast/BST1000, and First Act GARBAGE. I gotta stand behind the BST reviews I read. Those have gone up in price a bit, scored mine for just over $200 with original hard case, granted I barely play it at this rate so I may sell but my stupid reasons for not getting rid of it are still there. First Act, ugh, yeah, muddiest pickups ever but not bad for a learner guitar IF you have someone with you who knows a thing or two and can pick out a decent one. Also the necks can be a bit of a mess and the frets aren't good at all. Usually a few are popping up or need to be filed. Kinda like the Mexican teles, you can find a decent one if you try them all out.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:42 am

Well, just to play devil's advocate, remember that the best selling guitar of all time is a squier strat. The biggest buying market out there is kids wanted to learn how to play, so to have good copies of the real deal that is made well (for the money) is a valuable market. The whole reason Gibson and Fender has a squier and epip line is to try to capture customers in this market.
Just keep in mind that we on here have played, or own guitars like MOSRITES. Mosrite was the PRS guitar company before there was a PRS. We all are spoiled with amazing quality instruments.
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:46 pm

The whole reason Gibson has an epip line is because back in the day when Epiphone was not owned by Gibson they were taking to much business away from Gibson so guess what ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Gibson bought them out and turned them into there price line. A real Epiphone is every bit the guitar any Gibson is.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”