Hallmark 60's Custom and gig bags

vjf1968
Top Producer

Hallmark 60's Custom and gig bags

Postby vjf1968 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:20 am

I'm at work so I do not have the guitar in front of me but will a 60's Custom fit into one of these:

http://www.monocase.com/mono-electric-guitar.asp

or this?

http://www.monocase.com/mono-bass-guitar.asp

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: Hallmark 60's Custom and gig bags

Postby Veenture » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:49 am

I don't think so -at least not into the Electric- or Bass gig bags. Just to give you an idea; my 60 Custom will NOT fit into my Fender Stratocaster gig-bag -and for that matter, neither does it fit into my Stratocaster Tweed HSC.

The Hallmark measures appr. just under 41 inches in length (including tail strap-button!) and appr. 14 1/2 inches at her widest body part. (body length itself = about 20 inches)
My conclusion would be that this means a "No Go" or otherwise a very "TIGHT FIT" so, unsuitable for a Hallmark 60 Custom.
The acoustic gig bag might accommodate a Mosrite (type) guitar I think.

Just a reminder for those readers not sure; the H60C comes WITH crocodile HSC! :)

vjf1968
Top Producer

Postby vjf1968 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Veenture wrote:I don't think so -at least not into the Electric- or Bass gig bags. Just to give you an idea; my 60 Custom will NOT fit into my Fender Stratocaster gig-bag -and for that matter, neither does it fit into my Stratocaster Tweed HSC.

The Hallmark measures appr. just under 41 inches in length (including tail strap-button!) and appr. 14 1/2 inches at her widest body part. (body length itself = about 20 inches)
My conclusion would be that this means a "No Go" or otherwise a very "TIGHT FIT" so, unsuitable for a Hallmark 60 Custom.
The acoustic gig bag might accommodate a Mosrite (type) guitar I think.

Just a reminder for those readers not sure; the H60C comes WITH crocodile HSC! :)

Thanks for the info. It looks like the only thing that would work would be the Bass one but the width is 14 1/2 inches. I wanted to see if the Monocase would work since they are the most durable. Gig bags do come in handy for practice or close by gig.

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:41 pm

I have my Custom 60 in a Danelectro gig bag when I bought it Bob was out of cases.

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:36 am

I've never been a fan of gigbags. I prefer a case, when transporting a guitar. If it can get bumped or banged, I can do it. :roll:

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:52 am

I to prefer cases but that was my only option at the time, eventually I'll get a case from Hallmark.

vjf1968
Top Producer

Postby vjf1968 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:37 pm

Don't get me wrong. I take a case over a gig bag but the Monocase bags are just as strong, water proof and durable as a case, if not more so. It is just a hassle when you go to practice and not having both hands free. I like to carry everything in one go (the amp is at the practice space) from the car. Plus if I would have to take public transportation a gig bag would be easier to carry with a small pedal board on the El.

If your doubtful about a gig bag take a look at www.monocase.com. The product is a far cry from normal gig bags since the are a hybrid of case and gig bag. The cool thing is the instrument is suspended and secured in the case so it is protected by sudden shocks.

Believe me I would not by some POS gig bag for any of my guitars. This product seems to me to be the best solution. If only they make them to fit Mosrite style bodies.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:06 pm

I'm not usually into gig bags, but that moncase seems to look like a good product. i would see how that would help, if you have a bunch of guitars with hardshell cases, and you start to run out of room in your house!! ;)

one thing about mosrite cases, they are realllllly built rugid. may mosrite cases are even heavier then my fender p-bass case! I guess heavy is a minus factor when it comes to transport, but on the plus side, you know the instrument is really well protected.

a friend of my always swore up and down about the heavy duty flight cases for guitars though. he told me about the time in the 80's when he was on tour in an RV and his freakin guitar fell out the window at 60 miles an hour!!!!!! When he opened the case, the guitar wasn't hurt, and was even still in tune!!!!!!!! now that, my friends, is a kick butt case!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

ps- but I wouldn't test this idea guys ;)
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

jtr654
Top Producer

Postby jtr654 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:45 pm

If I could aford them and had space for them all my guitars and amps would have Anvil cases. At this point I only have 7 , 4 for my amps & speaker cab and 3 for my favorite guitars.

billywrecker

Postby billywrecker » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:06 pm

I have a fender double guitar gig bag that holds my ranger pretty good,it has decent padding and a lot of pockets.I've seen them at Musicians Friend for $35.

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”