New Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

dellison

New Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Postby dellison » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:15 pm

Hey all, know I don't post much around here but I picked up a new amp and thought I would share that! I have been looking at different amps for a few weeks now and with the Guitar Center Stratothon month I figured it was a good time to take advantage of the sale! So I spent about two hours playing with this one and the Blues Deluxe. I decided on this one because it had the over drive channels (not that Fender is know for that) but they both sounded pretty darn amazing.

So I don't really get the opportunity to play it much especially at any significant setting but today I drug it out back (I kind of live in the middle of no where with not many neighbors or houses. My middle daughter Desirae and I had a blast out back. She was playing with the Squire Mini while I was playing my mexi-strat.

Bottom line though, I have been having a blast playing through this new amp and I have been puting in about two hours a day. So - I still suck - but I am getting better! At least no one called the cops on me today!

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: New Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Postby dubtrub » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:05 pm

Congratulations on your new amp. ;)

You don't have automatic sprinklers do you? :shock:
Danny Ellison

dellison

Postby dellison » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:15 pm

dubtrub wrote:Congratulations on your new amp. ;)

You don't have automatic sprinklers do you? :shock:

Ya, I turned them off - actually I forgot to turn them back on - thanks for the reminder!

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:54 pm

RAWK ON!!! ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:12 pm

dellison wrote:I decided on this one because it had the over drive channels (not that Fender is know for that)

That's a pretty sweet amp. The only Fender amp that had a distortion channel that I like was the fender tone master but I play punk rock so any distortion will work but I'm picky about sound as others that play the same music aren't. Kevin

Slippery fingers

Postby Slippery fingers » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:01 am

Dellison,
I have the same amp, you made a great choice, that amp is extreemly versital, it'll do everything except heavey metal, and in the right hands it may even do that. I especially like the pic of your daughter playing guitar. When my son was 10 I put an Ovation Balladeer in his hands and started teaching him, now when I have a problem getting something right on the guitar, I see him for instructions. :D
Paul
If it's worth doin, it's worth doin right!

dellison

Postby dellison » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Slippery fingers wrote:Dellison,
I have the same amp, you made a great choice, that amp is extreemly versital, it'll do everything except heavey metal, and in the right hands it may even do that. I especially like the pic of your daughter playing guitar. When my son was 10 I put an Ovation Balladeer in his hands and started teaching him, now when I have a problem getting something right on the guitar, I see him for instructions. :D
Paul

Hey thanks! I hadn't realized that more comments had happened on this thread. I REALLY like this amp with the only problem being is that it is REALLY loud so I don't get to play it very often.

At the lower volumes I use my Boss Gt-10 to change up the sounds. But playing through the amp by itself is a real pleasure. At least now I am ale to start playing some simple songs too so that's cool!

Duane...

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:38 pm

dellison posted:
Hey thanks! I hadn't realized that more comments had happened on this thread. I REALLY like this amp with the only problem being is that it is REALLY loud so I don't get to play it very often.

....uhmm....Duane....you REALLY need to check here at LEAST once a month :lol: You have no clue how much you have missed, and besides, if you don't start watching the Forum a little more closely, I know a Big Fella that answers to the name of "Double Trouble." He goes by 'Dubtrub' to his Gang. :o He's not happy when he hears stuff like "I hadn't realized that more comments had happened on this thread" after a 3 month absence, that makes him VERY Unhappy. :shock: And we don't like when he gets unhappy, it makes us nervous, so please check us out alittle more often......
(When you get the chance)
CHEERS!!! :mrgreen:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Regardless what equipments you have, the best part is to share your guitar playing with your daughter...

Johnnyguitarjl

Postby Johnnyguitarjl » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi I bought a Hot Rod Deluxe in 2002.Mine was brown and came with a Jensen speaker in it.the normal channel is very clean,and yes they can get loud but stay clean in the normal channel.I played classic country music for 4 years with it and used my Fender Telecaster.Fender into Fender makes Fender.The only thing I had to do was turn up the midrange on it until I got a Sonic Maximizer by BBE.I ran it into the effects loop and it make the midrange come out alot better without turning the mid up.I never did use the overdrive channels.I guess they would be good if you play Hard Rock.I went from classic country to surf music.So I sold the Hot Rod Deluxe and bought a 65 Deluxe Reverb amp.I love this amp it's got the tone I was looking for.
I play a 98 Fender Strat and a 68 Mosrite Celebrity.If you want sweet tone get a BBE Sonic Maximizer about 100.00 bucks and run it into your effects loop.It will push the mid out and make your amp sound even better.

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”