Johnny Ramone gear questions

Johnny

Re: Johnny Ramone gear questions

Postby Johnny » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:54 am

Well, I can't thank you enough. The settings sound SPOT ON. Thanks so much again. Another mystery solved.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:13 pm

you're welcome, glad I could help. 8-)
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

t.bags

Postby t.bags » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:25 am

johnnyboy1234 wrote:Image

Here is the Ventures model

this is a picture of them recording the Ramones album, and i beleive this is a rented or borrowed guitar not owned by Johnny.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:58 am

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:48 pm

I actually bid on the reciept above, thinking $800 would be enough, boy was I wrong! That little gem went for $2300!

BTW, for all you newbies, that reciept is for the blue Ventures II, his first Mosrite. Did you buy that reciept Adam?
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:56 pm

zarfnober wrote:I actually bid on the reciept above, thinking $800 would be enough, boy was I wrong! That little gem went for $2300!

BTW, for all you newbies, that reciept is for the blue Ventures II, his first Mosrite. Did you buy that reciept Adam?

Nope, not me. Apparently the framed receipt is on display at the Ramones Museum in Berlin.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:12 pm

BTW, in one of the photos from the first album being recorded at Radio City show a white Ventures II in the background of one of the photos. Very interesting. There are things in the Ramones timelines that don't seem to make a lot of sense. I've seen a concert video documentary from a guy in a band called Rusty Nail that shows Johnny playing either Rock and Roll High School or Do you Remember Rock and Roll Radio, I forget which, on his blue Ventures II with Tommy drumming. Not too strange, as tons of their songs were written long before being recorded but, the white Ventures II apperaing in a photo BEFORE the first album is released? Hmm.......

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 am

that is kinda weird. maybe johnny bought the white one before the blue one was stolen??? I have somewhere a pic of Johnny playing a uber rare sunburst slab ventures 2. the only other I've ever seen was on the forum at front porch. I don't know exactly when that first blue guitar was stolen, but remember the band did play regularly for two years before the first album was released. ::shrugs::

Johnny said in 74 you couldn't give away thoses Ventures 2, so who knows.

I think i remember reading Johnny's brownish-black ven 2 that he used in the pet sematary video was a friend's guitar that johnny borrowed, then eventually bought. this is the same one that was painted gold, according to stories I've read.
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”