Bill Gruggett Guitars

mosriteforever

Re: Bill Gruggett Guitars

Postby mosriteforever » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:41 pm

Hey All!
I just wanted to chime in with my Bill Gruggett guitar. I need to find the pix I have of it, but I am so proud to own this guitar. I played it for 3 hours when I got it as I just could not put it down. Eddie and Terry build a fantastic guitar as well! I am so elated that Terry, Eddie and Bill are still building in the Semie Moseley tradition as well as the fact that Bill is still building for Hallmark in Bakersfield. Mel, I think that you will be the 1st on this forum to be able to check out our handwound, vintage pickups. I hope you will do an A B comparison with the vintage ones. I still maintain that cap and pot changes aside, the biggest difference with the Hallmark pickups is that they are wax potted, so they are not so microphonic and more suited to a wider variety of styles than the originals. Your pickups will not be potted and wound to the original specs with NOS alnico magnets and wire, just like the originals! Terry, Eddie Bill and Dana are carrying on the Moseley tradition and we are proud at Hallmark to even be considered in the realms of these great luthiers! At any rate, here are some pix of my Gruggett built Hallmark and it just sings!!!

Mosrite/Hallmark Forever!!!!!

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:24 am

Wow, that's a gorgeous guitar! I'm looking forward to trying out the vintage handwound pickups - I'm confident that they'll suit my tastes. No doubt I'll have plenty to write about when I get that guitar in my mitts!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

bluther

Postby bluther » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Those are some very cool guitars. The finish on the last one is just amazing :shock:

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:35 am

Holy moly, these are some very fine guitars!!
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:13 am

Hey, How is the sustain in this guitar? I just thought maybe I could build one like it, One with the speed frets but with a Brass Rail in the neck. Would that give good sustain with low frets?

Here's a link to a picture of the guitar I'm talking about...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w198/dorkrockrecords/Gruggett/IMG_4560.jpg

Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”