1959 Les Paul Burst Clone

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Re: 1959 Les Paul Burst Clone

Postby oipunkguy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:19 am

yeah dennis,

right now the plan is to make a clone of the semie made ramones model. with what some people call the bat wing pickguard. the only major issue I'm seeing with it right now is getting the hardware. I haven't seen the non-tremolo version of a moseley tailpiece too often. maybe I'll have to move in with Ed to learn how to make them from scratch like him, :lol:
once I have new shop set up, I plan to get some new saws, and start this project. right now I'm hoping to start around May.
also in the works is refinishing my strat, my old 80's peavey t-25 (crappy guitar) , maybe another LP project, and rebuild/retolex a couple of beaten up marshall cabinets I've collected over the years.
I was also thinking a cool burst like on this LP would look pretty darn sweet on a mosrite.... hint,hint... ;) ;) ;)
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:01 am

Here you go Aaron,
Some inspiration for a "custom" Ventures style Mosrite clone: Brian Lonbeck with his 40th Anniversary model. Semi was planning on building 40 of them, but this may be the only one ever completed (I think...with Mosrite, you never know). If I had the skills and craftsmanship some of you guys around here have shown, I would go in this direction...but not totally copy it out of deference for Brian's guitar.

http://www.bobsyouruncle.net/TNM_Guitar ... thAniv.jpg

Keep up the good work!

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:33 pm

hey guys,

yeah i got to make something like this one day, the darker wood is burled walnut with a tiger maple top. I bet with some practice I could make something like this!
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”