“THAT GERMAN CARVE”…plus

Veenture
Master Contributor

“THAT GERMAN CARVE”…plus

Postby Veenture » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:41 am

…if anyone hasn’t been to this link before, full of Mosrite goodies too, it’s really worth visiting. I think it is hosted by a Japanese author and in ‘special’ English too (with respect)… but let the contents speak for itself:

http://www.tatadoheaven.com/Ric/germancarve.html,

Forgive me if I’m guilty of duplication here perhaps but enjoy anyway… even if it isn’t the first time round :)

sloop_john_b

Re: “THAT GERMAN CARVE”…plus

Postby sloop_john_b » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:28 am

That's Oyama Katsuyuki, he has one of the best Rickenbacker collections on the planet. Not huge in quantity, but he's got the absolute "rarest of the rare" stuff.

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:53 pm

That is seriously one of the best websites ever. I loved the "Engrish," especiallly the part about wearing the "RIC" belt buckle so he can take Rickenbacker with him into the bathroom! ha.

But I'm glad to see that other people are getting hip to the relationship between Rickenbackers and Mosrites. There are so many similarities when you start looking. This guy is actually very smart.

And did anybody else notice the "Yuzo Kayama" model Mosrite at the end of this, which he claims is the last USA made Mosrite? That's got to be a rare model....never seen one. But I am a huge fan of Yuzo! His 60's recordings are fantastic.

Deke

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Deke Dickerson wrote:And did anybody else notice the "Yuzo Kayama" model Mosrite at the end of this, which he claims is the last USA made Mosrite? That's got to be a rare model....never seen one. But I am a huge fan of Yuzo! His 60's recordings are fantastic.

Deke

As far as the Yuzo model Mosrite goes, there have been several versions made over the years but I'm not sure Semie or Loretta had anything to do with them. I'm pretty sure at least the prototype was made by Performance Guitar in Hollywood (which is indeed in the USA).

Adam

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:51 am

"The guitars built after this era are not "Built in Soul" The End". I think that says it all.

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Interesting continuity with / from Rickenbacker.

Thank you for sharing.

Odd to think, after a long time playing guitar, 'only played a cople Ricks and never owned one. Hmmm....

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:02 pm

Mosrite and Rics are connected in many ways. Semie carried over many ideas from his days with them.
Click on logo to visit website

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:04 pm

Wow. Thank you for sharing.

Back about '88, when the illustrious Mr. M had just gotten back-in-back-in business, 'tradd a couple pieces of mail and telelphone calls with im about building a guitar, and he stressed the "Built in soul" aspect. 'Kind of thought it a bit corny then, but "the moment of truth" caame when guitar met picker and it was love at first sight and touch.

'Rmember hearing the definition of a beautiful woman, and it applied with that guitar.

"The definition of a beautiful woman is one who walks into a room, and you remember her...

"...for the rest of your life."

Return to “Links of Interest”