Nokie Edwards, a Ventures legend.

Dennisthe Menace

Re: Nokie Edwards, a Ventures legend.

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:05 pm

Welcome 88 Mosriteman, make sure to sign up on the INTRODUCTION THREAD and tell us a little bit about yourself.
I already got an idea you must own an '88, if so, you and I, as well as a few others, already have something in common :mrgreen: .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:55 pm

jnslobaugh wrote:
Currently he lives with his wife Judy in Oregon but thinking of moving to Arizona. He will soon become another desert surfer.

I HEARD ABOUT THE POSSIBLE MOVE TO AZ... WHO KNOWS, MAYBE I CAN CATCH THE BREAK I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR REGARDING MY MOSRITE TUBE HEAD SER# 00007.

YOU KNOW IT'S A NICE DAY WHEN THE temp. IS LESS THAN 105 deg.

JSL LAVEEN AZ

Sorry I missed all these posting as I was in Taiwan in early October.

Yes, Nokie and Judy are moving to Yuma, AZ as soon as they sell their coach. As soon as I sell my house in Chicago, (it does not look too good so far) I will move to Mohive Desert and become a true Desert Surfer.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:42 pm

Vincent,

Are you sure it's Mohive or could that be :arrow: Mojave Desert? ;)
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:26 am

dubtrub wrote:Vincent,

Danny, you are right. Thanks for correcting. It is Mojave Desert. Pardon my English.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:38 am

Vincent,

Your English is fine. At least you don't misspell, misuse or leave out a word like I commonly do. Sometimes when I read one of my old posts, I think you guy's must be rolling on the floor reading some of my poor grammar. :lol:
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:51 am

Your English is fine. At least you don't misspell, misuse or leave out a word like I commonly do. Sometimes when I read one of my old posts, I think you guy's must be rolling on the floor reading some of my poor grammar. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words. I have been yelled at home all the time by Michele and my daughter. At least I did not make errors like "Love position No.9" or "Nookie of The Vultures" ;)

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:25 am

Desert Surfer wrote:

Your English is fine. At least you don't misspell, misuse or leave out a word like I commonly do. Sometimes when I read one of my old posts, I think you guy's must be rolling in the floor reading some of my poor grammar. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words. I have been yelled at home all the time by Michele and my daughter. At least I did not make errors like "Love position No.9" or "Nookie of The Vultures" ;)

Vincent,
As a native English speaker who muddled my way through three years in Montreal struggling to grasp French, I for one am both impressed and honored by all the non-native English speakers who join us here. It's difficult to become comfortable with basic conversation in a foreign language let alone fluent, so don't sell yourself short. It's a big deal. So may I say thank you, merci beaucoup, danke shayne, toda raba, etc.
Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:00 pm

MWaldorf wrote:
Desert Surfer wrote:

Your English is fine. At least you don't misspell, misuse or leave out a word like I commonly do. Sometimes when I read one of my old posts, I think you guy's must be rolling in the floor reading some of my poor grammar. :lol:

Vincent,
As a native English speaker who muddled my way through three years in Montreal struggling to grasp French, I for one am both impressed and honored by all the non-native English speakers who join us here. It's difficult to become comfortable with basic conversation in a foreign language let alone fluent, so don't sell yourself short. It's a big deal. So may I say thank you, merci beaucoup, danke shayne, toda raba, etc.
Mel

When I was young, 50 some years ago back in Taiwan, we spoke 5 languages/dialets at home ( Haaka, Mandrin Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese & English) My parents were brought up in Japanese ocupption era and always spoke in Japanese between them for something they did not want the children to know. But they did not know we picked up the language quickly and eventually. On the same token, the kids spoke English on dinner table if we did not want our parents to know. We spoke Hakka at home as it was our native dialect, but used Taiwanese in neighborhood, and Mandrin in school. We had to shift the gear all the time depending whom we speak to.

Mel, I appreciate your kind and comforting words. I would reply: Xie Xie (Mandrin) Do Xia (Taiwanese), Shi Mon (Haaka), Ariyado (Japanese) and Thank you.

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:49 pm

Mohive or Mojave.... The desert is still the DESERT... Finally days under 105 deg.

jSl --- Laveen, AZ (Phoenix)

:roll: just to add... I have a hard enough time with English, my only fluent language.
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Thanks, Jeff for your support too!

Arpsum, come back to our forum, please. Good or broken English doesn't matter. Information is the key.. and you have a lot good information which can be shared with everyone here.

We need your input on Mosrite convention! :)

Return to “Links of Interest”