Showing off my collection of Mosrites

Nokie
Top Producer

Re: Showing off my collection of Mosrites

Postby Nokie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:11 pm

Sarah93003 wrote:Thank you Marty for pointing that out. I went back and read them all. I'm especially interested in the solid body 12 strings. I've been wanting a 12 string for a long time but haven't played a Mosrite. I played a Fender Strat 12 a while ago and was impressed. Did Mosrite make other 12 string solid bodies, other than the Ventures?

By the way, the last few pages did not load from you site.

I have a Fender Strat 12 and it is a great electric 12. The newer issues have the full 25.5" scale for extra bright jangle. Earlier Strat 12's were issued with a 24.75" neck which is not as bright but makes for easier action.

I do believe Mosrite made non-Ventures 12's. I know the model shown was continued after the Ventures contract with Mosely and that could technically be considered a non-Ventures 12.

Yes, the last few guitar pages need to be uploaded.

-Marty

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Sarah93003 wrote:
Thank you Marty for pointing that out. I went back and read them all. I'm especially interested in the solid body 12 strings. I've been wanting a 12 string for a long time but haven't played a Mosrite. I played a Fender Strat 12 a while ago and was impressed. Did Mosrite make other 12 string solid bodies, other than the Ventures?

Nokie wrote:I do believe Mosrite made non-Ventures 12's. I know the model shown was continued after the Ventures contract with Mosely and that could technically be considered a non-Ventures 12.
-Marty
Sarah, Marty is correct with the only 'solid body' 12 string being the MARK XII (no Ventures badge on H'stock). And then
again, if ya wanna stretch it to the limit, there's always the 2 Headed Dragon below....... :shock:

V V V V V V V V V V V
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:
Sarah93003 wrote:
Thank you Marty for pointing that out. I went back and read them all. I'm especially interested in the solid body 12 strings. I've been wanting a 12 string for a long time but haven't played a Mosrite. I played a Fender Strat 12 a while ago and was impressed. Did Mosrite make other 12 string solid bodies, other than the Ventures?

Nokie wrote:I do believe Mosrite made non-Ventures 12's. I know the model shown was continued after the Ventures contract with Mosely and that could technically be considered a non-Ventures 12.
-Marty
Sarah, Marty is correct with the only 'solid body' 12 string being the MARK XII (no Ventures badge on H'stock). And then
again, if ya wanna stretch it to the limit, there's always the 2 Headed Dragon below....... :shock:

V V V V V V V V V V V

In the 80's, I had a Mosrite doubleneck bass / 12 string guitar. I sold it to Ray Flores of Thee Forgiven. Ray figured it was a "parts-rite" assembled after Semi went outta biz. It certainly wasn't a production model. -Marty

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:35 pm

Thanks Dennis. I'll have to try to find one to test drive. At the risk of blasphemy, I don't really care if a guitar says The Ventures on it. I'd be happy with any Mosrite 12 string. The Ventures models seem to be very expensive and the counterfeits are to complicated for me to keep track of.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Return to “Links of Interest”