Hallmark Stradette Bass?

Veenture
Master Contributor

Hallmark Stradette Bass?

Postby Veenture » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:37 pm

The six stringers get the usual better part of airplay on the forum so how about 'bassing it up' for a change...

Visiting Hallmark Guitars website I checked out that lovely Stradette guitar and thought...

"how about a Hallmark Stradette guitar ...IN BASS VERSION...?! :geek: ...that would really be cool.

Would it cause a sensation, especially amongst bass players? (think in the direction of the Hofner "Beatles" Bass)

What do you think bass players and Bob Shade...ever consider this?

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Hallmark Stradette Bass?

Postby dorkrockrecords » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 am

When Bill Gruggett designed the Stradette some forty odd years ago, the first couple he made were basses, complete with German-carved tops and Mosrite of California logos. One was constructed like a Joe Maphis model with a natural spruce top and a walnut back, and the other had a gorgeous sunburst top with a pearl white back.

So either Bill was years ahead of his time, or Veenture is quite old-fashioned...

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 am

dorkrockrecords wrote:So either Bill was years ahead of his time, or Veenture is quite old-fashioned...

LOL ....let's say ...BOTH :D

Thanks for your informative response Adam, it would be great though to see some sort of reincarnation of it again...and meanwhile I'll go hunting for some pictures of that 'old-fashioned' one... :roll: ;)

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:59 am

I like the Look of those Stradettes. I'd like them even more if they had the scroll headstock, like the Customs Bill made. ;)

Return to “Links of Interest”