Vintage Guitar Gallery has been updated

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: Vintage Guitar Gallery has been updated

Postby Sarah93003 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Eduardo Aguilu wrote:I clicked on Categories and got your display to which I'll go back after this. But what happens when I click on your link is that that display page flashes but the page that actually stays open is the one I describer with the 22 ghost boxes. I don't know if the same thing happens to anyone else but that's what I experience(d). Thanks for clearing that up. And, no, I don't have a problem replying to posts here or anywhere. What I think happened is that on my first attempt I got an error page. I don't know what triggered it but all I did was click on Submit. Also, I admit that I read your instructions to click Category, but it left my brain when the strange-looking page opened. I just now read your line and it finally penetrated my brain. The problem escalated, I think, when I included the text of the error page in my efforts at replying and the coded text affected the forum's computer.

That website is not my website so I can't really speak to the content. It's strange that you only see boxes. For example, if I click on Categories, then Fender, I can see about a dozen guitars. If you can't see that, then I'd have to wonder if it's your browser.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Eduardo Aguilu

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:09 pm

Sarah93003 wrote:
Eduardo Aguilu wrote:I clicked on Categories and got your display to which I'll go back after this. But what happens when I click on your link is that that display page flashes but the page that actually stays open is the one I describer with the 22 ghost boxes. I don't know if the same thing happens to anyone else but that's what I experience(d). Thanks for clearing that up. And, no, I don't have a problem replying to posts here or anywhere. What I think happened is that on my first attempt I got an error page. I don't know what triggered it but all I did was click on Submit. Also, I admit that I read your instructions to click Category, but it left my brain when the strange-looking page opened. I just now read your line and it finally penetrated my brain. The problem escalated, I think, when I included the text of the error page in my efforts at replying and the coded text affected the forum's computer.

That website is not my website so I can't really speak to the content. It's strange that you only see boxes. For example, if I click on Categories, then Fender, I can see about a dozen guitars. If you can't see that, then I'd have to wonder if it's your browser.

My browser, Google Chrome, works just fine. The problem is with the 7-year-old website. I replied to Adisak's reply 'cause he revived the thread in early December. You replied to me and I wasn't very clear about what I experienced. I went to the link and saw Ventures Model as the first category and the numbers 2383 implied that I could view 2383 photos. But all that resulted was the 22 ghost boxes. When I click on Categories a page with text flashes. I just froze that display and on the top of the page is the categories. Under an orange line are 3 rows of months and years from 2009 to 2015, 52 dates in no particular order.

I see the photos in the other categories, some of which include Mosrites, just none under Ventures model. And I clicked on Contact Us and it failed to send [Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method.]

So I'm giving up but it was fun talkin' to you.

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:44 am

When I click the link provided this is what comes up.

http://home.exetel.com.au/mosrite/

Maybe Categories should be the home page.

Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Eduardo Aguilu

Postby Eduardo Aguilu » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:21 pm

panther wrote:When I click the link provided this is what comes up.

http://home.exetel.com.au/mosrite/

Maybe Categories should be the home page.

Dan

Under Categories > Ventures Model were you able to see any Mosrite instruments? There are scattered photos of Mosrites in some of the other categories but none show up under Ventures Models. It's an old website which could be the reason.

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:42 am

[/quote]
Under Categories > Ventures Model were you able to see any Mosrite instruments? There are scattered photos of Mosrites in some of the other categories but none show up under Ventures Models. It's an old website which could be the reason.[/quote]

It showed me what was listed. It needs to have current updates added. If you scroll down then you will see more shadow boxes. If you scroll across them it gives you individual topics. Click on the heading , not where it says comment or ventures.
The biggest problem I see is the site needs a completely new index.

Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Return to “Links of Interest”