Looking for a Mosrite Bass. . .

Brian
Top Producer

Looking for a Mosrite Bass. . .

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:38 am

Hey guys, I'd like to get my hands on a '65/'66 Ventures bass in Sun Burst (The style with only one pick up like in the photo below). Let me know if you have anything for sale, thanks.

vetovideo

Re: Looking for a Mosrite Bass. . .

Postby vetovideo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Brian ... I almost fell out of my chair when I looked at this picture. This is the "twin" to my bass ( even some of the wear is the same). I bought mine in June of '67 brand new with the hardshell case and still have it. There is only 1 difference I see ... my pick guard is slightly different. But, you're telling me I have a 65/66 ????? Either the year is wrong or I lucked out and actually bought a 'left over' Mosrite that year. And in case you were wondering, the price INCLUDING case was $430 !!! Don't think I'm ready to part with it yet though.

Jimmy B.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:20 pm

vetovideo wrote:Brian ... I almost fell out of my chair when I looked at this picture. This is the "twin" to my bass ( even some of the wear is the same). I bought mine in June of '67 brand new with the hardshell case and still have it. There is only 1 difference I see ... my pick guard is slightly different. But, you're telling me I have a 65/66 ????? Either the year is wrong or I lucked out and actually bought a 'left over' Mosrite that year. And in case you were wondering, the price INCLUDING case was $430 !!! Don't think I'm ready to part with it yet though.

Jimmy B.
Jimmy, how is the p'guard different, and do you also have the cloverleaf tuners?? And one last
thing, do you have the truss rod cover at the headstock?
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

vetovideo

Postby vetovideo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:32 pm

Brian, I do have the cloverleaf tuners. The pick guard is cut exactly like the picture in this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3495&start=10
What cover are you speaking of?

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:48 pm

vetovideo wrote:Brian, I do have the cloverleaf tuners. The pick guard is cut exactly like the picture in this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3495&start=10
What cover are you speaking of?
Jimmy, that was me :mrgreen: . I'm referring to the little black plastic cover (for the truss rod) right above the string guide on the Headstock ;)
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

vetovideo

Postby vetovideo » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:49 am

Brian, my neck and head stock appear to be one solid piece. And there is one more minor difference. On the sunburst you have pictured here, there appears to be 2 screws (?) below the string guard/ cover. I don't have those either. I'll take some pictures this weekend and show you. Now I'm curious about what year my guitar is. The serial number on the neck looks like each number was individually stamped. LOL, not even CLOSE to a straight line! The knobs have the "M" on top and numbers around the outside not the "V" and "T".

Brian
Top Producer

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:15 am

Jim, let me know when you're ready to part with it.

See the black plastic cover at the base of the head in this photo? They started putting truss rods in that were adjusted from the head instead of the base of the neck in 1967:

vetovideo

Postby vetovideo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:56 am

Well I guess that means mine is older than I thought. Tell you what, IF I want to part with it you'll get first crack at it, I promise! Hmmm, maybe I should put you in my will for it too???? LOL

Brian
Top Producer

Postby Brian » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:23 pm

vetovideo wrote:Well I guess that means mine is older than I thought. Tell you what, IF I want to part with it you'll get first crack at it, I promise! Hmmm, maybe I should put you in my will for it too???? LOL

You can will it to me, just make sure your family knows so I don't get any weird looks. :o

I've been playing a Fender P. Bass for many years, and I'd like to switch things up.

Return to “Wanted”