hallmark or good copy

eltuce
Top Producer

Re: hallmark or good copy

Postby eltuce » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Yes, welcome to Hallmark country, you will be pleased! I have my 3rd Hallmark scheduled to land tomorrow.

doombuggy

Postby doombuggy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:00 pm

now I need to find a Swept-Wing :shock:

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:24 am

Congrats Doombuggy!..... I need a Swept-Wing also,( I saw one on craigslist a while back for $500 kicking myself on that one), hopfully your Hallmark won't have the bridge rattle and fret buzz that Hallmarks have.

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

brutus wrote:Congrats Doombuggy!..... I need a Swept-Wing also,( I saw one on craigslist a while back for $500 kicking myself on that one), hopfully your Hallmark won't have the bridge rattle and fret buzz that Hallmarks have.

I'm not sure that you can classify that as a Hallmark problem. I have one from the first run and have never had any of these problems with mine. It plays great.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 am

sleeperNY wrote:
brutus wrote:Congrats Doombuggy!..... I need a Swept-Wing also,( I saw one on craigslist a while back for $500 kicking myself on that one), hopfully your Hallmark won't have the bridge rattle and fret buzz that Hallmarks have.

I'm not sure that you can classify that as a Hallmark problem. I have one from the first run and have never had any of these problems with mine. It plays great.

Jim
Same goes for me... :? (i.e. no bridge rattle and fret buzz)

vjf1968
Top Producer

Postby vjf1968 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:41 am

Veenture wrote:
sleeperNY wrote:

Jim
Same goes for me... :? (i.e. no bridge rattle and fret buzz)

Me three :D Never had a problem with the bridge or fret buzz. And when I change strings I take all the strings off and the bridge and clean it thoroughly.

doombuggy

Postby doombuggy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:33 pm

I play Gretsch so I know about rattles :oops:

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:40 pm

doombuggy wrote:I play Gretsch so I know about rattles :oops:

None of my Gretsch guitars have any rattles. but I do use a bar bridge and that helps. LOL
It's all in how it is setup.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

eltuce
Top Producer

Postby eltuce » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:09 pm

No rattles on the 60 Custom or the Deke. Just a little on the Sheena sometimes and a fair amount on my Fillmores. The Hallmark trem is smooth I tell ya! I like it much more than the Bigsbys plus I hate dealing with the stupid little pins on a Bigsby.

jfine
Top Producer

Postby jfine » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:38 am

The 60 Custom on Ebay appears to be orange sparkle, which came with white pickups. I believe that color was only available on the first production run. I've got a Surf Pearl one that's a very cool guitar. After a few minor setup issues to get rid of buzzes, it plays great and sounds great. The vibrato is extremely comfortable to use, and stays in tune under anything short of major abuse. The pickups are a little darker than I was expecting, but they sound good--I've got 500Kohm pots in there to bring out a little more high end. The only complaint I've got is that it's a bit on the heavy side, but once it's strapped on it balances really well. The only time I notice the weight is when it's in the case--it's a very heavy case that seems like it could withstand a nuclear blast--so for everyday use, I schlep it in a gig bag. The neck is a bit wider than an old Mosrite and the frets are a bit taller--I'd prefer a little more width and bigger frets, but it's certainly playable enough--I have real issues with those skinny speed-fretted Mosrite necks, but the Hallmark neck is just fine.

Return to “Wanted”