Vintage Mosrite guitars for sales

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Vintage Mosrite guitars for sales

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 am

Hi, the day finally comes! After retired for two years, my wife and I have decided to sell our house in Chicago and move to our retirement house in Vegas permanently.

My Vegas home is much smaller so only handful guitars can be kept. Before I turn the entire collection to a local store owner/ good friend for consignment, I would like to offer them to our forum friends at advantageous prices.

Here are a few of my vintage Mosrite guitars: They play well, sound good and have been well maintained.

$1900 1965 Mosrite Ventures II in original candy apple red, non original case but fit well. Autographed by the lead guitarist of the Ventures; Nokie Edwards. (will include photo of Nokie with this guitar)

$850: 1967 Mosrite Celebrity III in sunburst. Non original case. A small crack at bottom of the guitar (can hardly see unless turn it upside down and look for it) The Original neck pickup is not as loud as bridge pickup, so I replaced it with a vintage Mosrite pickup (same model and same year), now it sounds balance and nicely. The original pickup is included.

$2600 1966 Joe Maphis Mosrite original case.

$2700 1984 Mosrite guitar It was assembled by Tony Hunt who was a well known luthier in Arkansas. Hunt bought parts from Semie after Mosrite Jonas Ridge , NC factory's shutdown because of fire. Hunt and Moseley were good friends and Tony often helped out in Semie's North Carolina factory. (see "Walk Don't Run; Stories about The Ventures First edition, page 272) Semie's autograph on back of headstock. ("Mosrite forever, signed Semie Moseley") Copy of photos, hand written letters from Tony Hunt will be included). 1960's vintage case

An vintage 1960's case will be included (these vintage cases go for $200-250 on eBay)

Well documented letters, photos from Tony Hunt.

$100 Original white Mosrite Strap will throw this in if purchase two and more guitar above.

Please add shipping and PayPal fee (prefer cashier check or money order) Local pickup / cash deal in person are most welcome. (no third party shipping company pickup stuff) Serious inquires only please.

Please PM for more info.

Thanks for looking.

PS: Danny, I will not sell the 1966 Ventures Model you restored. She will be with me in Vegas .

:)

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Vintage Mosrite guitars for sales

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:28 am

Desert Surfer wrote:PS: Danny, I will not sell the 1966 Ventures Model you restored. She will be with me in Vegas .

Yeah, that was also my favorite. I've sold all my Mosrites too except for my brothers '64 and my Candy Apple Red clone.

BTW, if someone pays you with PayPal 'Gift' then there is no fee to you for their service.

Enjoy your retirement!
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 am

dubtrub wrote:
Desert Surfer wrote:PS: Danny, I will not sell the 1966 Ventures Model you restored. She will be with me in Vegas .

Yeah, that was also my favorite. I've sold all my Mosrites too except for my brothers '64 and my Candy Apple Red clone.

BTW, if someone pays you with PayPal 'Gift' then there is no fee to you for their service.

Enjoy your retirement!

Thanks Danny for the good wishes and the good tip on PayPal. Never knew that. :o

Hope to form an armature Surf Band in our Vegas/Henderson retiring community (with 7000 household, there got to be some surf guitar lovers among them) Anyone here live there?

I will go to see you and your Tsunami band play after I settle down there.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:53 am

Desert Surfer wrote:

Cool! The band is also playing quite regularly at the Buck Owens Crystal Palace for the dinner shows 7:30 - 9:30, either Tue, Wed or Thurs. Sometimes all three. You can check our schedule on the bands website link in my signature.
Danny Ellison

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 am

dubtrub wrote:
Desert Surfer wrote:

Cool! The band is also playing quite regularly at the Buck Owens Crystal Palace for the dinner shows 7:30 - 9:30, either Tue, Wed or Thurs. Sometimes all three. You can check our schedule on the bands website link in my signature.

That's so cool! Danny. Glad that you guys finally make it big now.

Yes, Michele and I will definitely go there for the dinner show. If we go there on Tuesday, we can leave the next morning for Yosemite National Parks (Wednesday-Thursday to avoid crowds).

We love National Parks! There are 5+2 of them near Vegas (Lake Mead, Death Valley, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon South Rim, North Rim and West Rim). That one of the reasons we chose Vegas.

vibramute
Top Producer

Postby vibramute » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:39 am

Vincent,

Enjoy Vegas! I'm very jealous. I used to live/work there and I miss it. I hope to find my way back there someday.

Good luck selling the guitars, they are all very very nice. I wish I could have taken the Maphis, but I just don't have the money right now.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:53 pm

vibramute wrote:Vincent,

Enjoy Vegas! I'm very jealous. I used to live/work there and I miss it. I hope to find my way back there someday.

Good luck selling the guitars, they are all very very nice. I wish I could have taken the Maphis, but I just don't have the money right now.

Thanks, Frank.

Yeah, after 5 years of wandering between two places, my wife finally feels comfortable with our retirement home in Vegas.

Please let me know if you get to play in Vegas. Michele and I would love to hear you guys play.

Until we sell our house (keep my fingers crossed, hope we can sell ours like my neighbor in 3 days!) we will travel back and forth for awhile since we are remodeling part of the house. Even we sold our house, I will still come back often to see my friends and jam with my band here.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:32 pm

I purchased my Mosrite Amp from Vince (Desertsurfer) and played both the Red Ventures above and the Ventures II. The Tony Hunt built guitar is every bit as good as any Semie built guitar I've played, both sound and play great. Vince was VERY easy to deal with, and his surf band is quite good too.

Good luck Vince, take care.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:45 pm

zarfnober wrote:I purchased my Mosrite Amp from Vince (Desertsurfer) and played both the Red Ventures above and the Ventures II. The Tony Hunt built guitar is every bit as good as any Semie built guitar I've played, both sound and play great. Vince was VERY easy to deal with, and his surf band is quite good too.

Good luck Vince, take care.

Rocco

Thanks Rocco for the good words.

We missed you at the Libertyville Car Show. Guess who came? You are right! My friend Roger turned out to be the Roger of Roger and The Wrangbands. (I heard of the band but didn't put two names together)

Roger stayed and watched us play for quite awhile. He likes it and will come to jam with us this Saturday.

We have another car show performance in Long Grove in August but I am not sure I will be in Vegas or Chicago.

Hope you enjoy the Mosrite M200.

Desert Surfer
Top Producer

Postby Desert Surfer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:13 am

Moving company is picking up my furniture next weekend. I am driving (1750 miles) to meet with them in Vegas. I will take a few guitars in the car including some Mosrite.

I will reduce the prices as follows: (multiple purchase discount is negotiable)

$1800 1965 Mosrite Ventures II

$790: 1967 Mosrite Celebrity III in sunburst.

$2500 1966 Joe Maphis Mosrite

$2600 1984 Mosrite (Tony Hunt assembled)

Deal must be made by 6/27 and payment received by 6/30 for me to ship out by 7/1 (local pickup is most welcome). I am leaving for Vegas on 7/3 and will not be back to Chicago until August.

I will take unsold Mosrite to Vegas and keep them there for my own use. ( A Mosrite band in Mojave Desert will not be a bad idea)

Thanks!

P.S. Danny, we will be in Vegas on 7/6 to receive our furniture. If everything is cool, Michele and I will come to Bakersfield to see your band play on 7/14 (2-5PM?). This will be a perfect 1 day trip for us.

Return to “For Sale”