FS: Mosrite '65 "Super Custom" Heavily Upgraded MIJ Reissue!

vibramute
Top Producer

FS: Mosrite '65 "Super Custom" Heavily Upgraded MIJ Reissue!

Postby vibramute » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:59 pm

This one hurts to sell but I have a big fish on the line, and Mrs. Vibramute says no new toys unless I dump a few things....so I offer up this beauty:

This is by far the best playing Mosrite I've had to date. I've owned roughly 15 over the years (60's models, Jonas Ridge era, MIJ's...you name it) this one wins hands down. I like this guitar so much that I've actually sold it and bought it back twice. Yes, it's that nice and I'm going to miss it.

I bought it originally from Zamm Inc circa 2001-ish. It was a stock Excellent '65. I upgraded it with tuners, knobs, and strap buttons off a '66 Mark V (the Kluson Deluxes alone are worth north of $150). I also ordered a Vibramute tremolo from Zamm and had my luthier install it, essentially turning it into a Super Custom '65. A former owner installed handwound pups by Ed Elliott. The guitar has roughly $700 in upgrades which puts it a step above the rest. It looks and sounds exactly like a 60's Mark I, but with better playability.

It also has the proper headstock markings; "Mosrite of California" and "The Ventures Model" logo. There hasn't been a reissue in several years with the correct 60's branding. I know "...of California" and "The Ventures" logo can be a taboo subject around here, but if you're OCD like me and want Nokie's guitar circa '65, this is the one to have.

Overall, it's a conservative 9/10 condition. Just superfical play wear. There is one tiny paint bubble by the neck pocket (see pic) but it's hardly noticeable unless you are looking for it. The finish has aged beautifully. It's not a super bright pearl white, it's mellowed and looks vintage.

I have a no haggle price set at $1,350 net (meaning you cover the PP fees or send funds as a gift...I have refrences here, including a board admin) and that includes ground shipping in the CONUS.

I don't have a case for this one, but it will be shipped in a new padded gig bag and double boxed.

PM me if you want it.

vibramute
Top Producer

Re: FS: Mosrite '65 "Super Custom" Heavily Upgraded MIJ Reis

Postby vibramute » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 am

SOLD

Return to “For Sale”