For Sale Gibson SG Meoldy Maker Pelham Blue 1966

eltuce
Top Producer

For Sale Gibson SG Meoldy Maker Pelham Blue 1966

Postby eltuce » Fri May 18, 2012 4:25 pm

I don't believe I've posted this here before but I did have it up for sale a while ago. It's a fun guitar with a super straight neck and nice rounded profile. I had a Duncan SM-1 mini-humbucker put in with a push/pull pot for coil splitting. A new guard was cut to accommodate the pickup but I still have the original pot and guard. The original bridge was long gone when I got it and there's a Leo Quan there now which I never got around to replacing. Other than the bridge it's got all the original stuff and comes with a non-original hard case. I also replaced the tuners with the correct replacements but still have the old ones. There are some weird marks on the back from resting on a coiled guitar cord for many years. I think it's kinda cool looking but maybe that's just me. Asking $1100 plus shipping. I could also swap the pickup out, hang onto that, and do $1000 plus shipping if interested.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: For Sale Gibson SG Meoldy Maker Pelham Blue 1966

Postby Veenture » Sat May 19, 2012 6:35 am

Interesting to see how the chemistry has 'worked' between the curly lead and the guitar finish. :) Good luck with your sale, Tommy.

ElTwang
Top Producer

Postby ElTwang » Sun May 27, 2012 2:07 pm

That's a coool color.

eltuce
Top Producer

Postby eltuce » Sun May 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Indeed, once upon a time it was on my wish list for a long time. Kinda funny that I've now decided to sell it. Ah, too many toys.

olrocknroller
Top Producer

Postby olrocknroller » Mon May 28, 2012 8:28 am

eltuce wrote:Indeed, once upon a time it was on my wish list for a long time. Kinda funny that I've now decided to sell it. Ah, too many toys.

I can relate! I just can't get up the gumption to actually put them on the block! When you like 'em all, it's hard to decide which one gets the axe ( no pun intended :roll: ) !
Olrocknroller

eltuce
Top Producer

Postby eltuce » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:24 pm

A little bump. Still for sale but I have switched it back to all original, save for the Leo Quan which I never to around to replacing. Price drop to $1000. Probably open to offers.

Return to “For Sale”