Custom Mosrite STYLE Guitar

Vintage Soul

Custom Mosrite STYLE Guitar

Postby Vintage Soul » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:57 am

FOR SALE....Custom Mosrite STYLE Electric Guitar with Inlay. Solid wood made by Antoniotsai. This guitar was made to resemble a Mosrite. The neck is maple with a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard. The body has an abalone dragon inlay. The guitar works great in all 3 toggle positions. The action is medium, with no buzzing or dead spots anywhere on the neck. Nice playing guitar and comes with a padded gig bag...........Thanks Tony-407-616-5166. Price is $275.00!

Image 8-)

Bigwave

Re: Custom Mosrite STYLE Guitar

Postby Bigwave » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 pm

I saw this guitar when it was for sale on ebay. Was tempted to bid because it was so cheap, until I googled Antoniotsai guitars. Do yourself a favor and research Antoniotsai guitars. Frankly I have no opinion on the quality since I don't own one, but an informed buyer is a happy buyer. :D

http://www.google.com/search?q=Antoniot ... art=0&sa=N
Bigwave Dave

1966 Ventures Mk I (My Fav!)
1968 Kustom K200
1977 Les Paul Std
1982 Explorer CMT E2
1982 Gibson V2
1987 Stratocaster
1966 Guyatone Sharp 5
1967 Teisco Vegas 40
1968 Greco Shrike
1968 Norma EG400
1969 Firstman Sharkfin
1969 Guyatone LG250T

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:11 pm

At first glance, it looks like a sweet guitar! But thanks for posting the link to google....I read some of the comments and even though the price is tempting, I would rather play it safe...

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 am

I saw that on e-bay not to long ago. I was also tempted to bid and even checked to see if a local pickup was possible. It was and was only about 2 hour's away from me. I didn't bid in the long run because I do believe that you get what you pay for ( it was just to low a price) most of the time and I didn't need another guitar anyways. It does look nice though.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

MOSDAN
Top Producer

Postby MOSDAN » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 pm

About 5 months ago I bought a Antoniotsai acoustic guitar at a local pawnshop for a very reasonable price. The inlay work is fantastic. The guitar as bought had 3 cracks in the top of the guitar and the action was high because of poor fret setting. I carfefully redid the frets and repaired the cracks. No more problems have occured. This guitar looks amazing and is one of the best sounding guitars I have ever heard. The neck action now compares to my Taylor guitars but sounds even better. This is one guitar I will not be selling as it is very special in looks, playability, and sound. As it was used when I bought it I have no idea of how the guitar was cared for. The biggest complaints I have heard on these guitars is about the wood splitting and the neck work being poor. The wood splitting is caused by improper drying of the wood prior to contruction. I have a home humidifier that keeps my home around 50% humidity all year long and after repairing the splitting on the guitar top, the guitar did not show any signs of further wood stress. I dressed and polished the frets and it made all the difference in the world. Outside of the poor fret-work and the poor drying of the wood the construction appears to be very good.
The price on this "Mosrite Copy" is fairly reasonable and to someone who has the proper skills it could be a great guitar.

ImNotJohnnyRamone

Postby ImNotJohnnyRamone » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:27 pm

ITs so cool what people do the the Mosrite style. Like what you have here, bad to the trus rod!
1975 Univox Hi Flier Phase 3 (Black)
2009 Eastwood JR Elite (White)
2007 Squier Strat (Sun Burst)
1990 Cort Tele (Black)

Return to “For Sale”